Kona Fishing Charters on The Humdinger
Call Captain Jeff Fay to book your next Fishing Charter in Hawaii on the Humdinger. Fish with one of Kona’s most experienced captains in the calm, deep, blue water off the renowned coast of Kona Hawaii. Captain Jeff Fay has been taking clients on marlin fishing charters here in Kona Hawaii for over over 40 years. Fish for blue marlin, striped marlin, yellowfin tuna, mahi mahi, short billed spearfish, wahoo and more! Fish in comfort aboard our 37 foot custom Rybovich Sportfisherman. The fishing in Kona takes place just a few minutes from our slip which means you spend more time fishing and less time running to and from the fishing grounds. Don’t take chances booking your Kona fishing charter, come fish with one of Kona’s most knowledgeable and experienced crews.
- Over 40 years of local experience operating fishing charters in Kona Hawaii.
- Comfortable, safe, affordable.
- Web only rates and special discounts for booking online.
- Discount for multiple day fishing charters.
- “Double or Nothing” charters for Blue Marlin.
- Courteous, experienced, professional crew. Our crew grew up in Kona Hawaii fishing for giant blue marlin.
- Full-day, 3/4-day and 1/2-day Kona fishing charters for up to 6 people.
- 37′Rybovich sportfisherman, tournament rigged, full electronics, Fin-Nor and Penn International rods and reels.
- No fishing license required.
- All ice, bait and tackle provided.
- Novice and professional anglers welcome.
About our Boat
Captain Jeff Fay has been fishing in Kona, Hawaii for giant blue marlin for over 40 years. In addition to his numerous decades of knowledge and experience he has collected in Kona, Captain Jeff Fay has operated several sportfishing charter boats for owners the world over.
Captain Fay began his Hawaii charter fishing career in Kona crewing for Terry Truman aboard the Kua Lua in 1966. Shortly thereafter he moved to the Malia where he crewed for West Vannetta. In 1975, he partnered with Captain Peter B. Wright and purchased the Humdinger, a 37′ Rybovich located in Tampa, Florida. After moving the boat from Florida, Jeff and Peter chartered the Humdinger out of Kona until the mid 1980’s when Jeff bought out partner Peter B. Wright and then briefly partnered with globetrotting big game angler Jerry Dunaway. Shortly thereafter, Jeff purchased Jerry’s remaining interest in the Humdinger and has been operating this classic Rybovich from Kona Hawaii ever since.
Captain Fay has enjoyed a rich and successful career in the big game sportfishing community. After capturing his first “Grander” in 1972, Jeff has gone on to assist anglers on eleven marlin over 1,000 pounds worldwide. Additionally he has captained anglers to numerous world records, the two most recently in Kona when Jeff captained Debra Dunaway to her last two world records to complete her bid to be the first angler in history, man or woman, to hold a world record for every species of billfish in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Additionally, Captain Fay is the only Four Time Winner of the Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament’s “Henry Chee Award” presented to the top-scoring Hawaii charter fishing captain in the tournament.